*DO NOT START THIS IF YOU ARE CONFUSED*
THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE FIRMWARE 3.55 OR ANY FIRMWARE BEFORE 3.55
I decided to do a repack because there is some better stuff and a
few bug fixes. Its pretty much the same, and future updates will just be updated
but this one will be a repack.
Changes from original release:
*Added information on Large (drives larger than 32GB) FAT32 support
*Added a better default backup manager (rogero is now in other firmware)
*Fixed up the tut a little bit
*Updated GAIA Manager (2.04) Has built in lv2 Patcher
Included in this pack are several folders. But before we do that lets make sure your
PS3 is ready for them.
IF YOU ARE RUNNING ANY CUSTOM FIRMWARE, OR ANY OLDER PS3 VERSION (BELOW)
3.55) YOU MUST UPDATE TO THE OFFICIAL SONY FIRMWARE (OFW) This File is located
in the "SONY OFW 3.55" folder. If you are on anything below 3.55 and not running any
custom firmware, you should be able to just add the file to your USB stick in the following
Once it's in that order pop it into your ps3 and go to options and select System Update, choose
From Memory Stick and let the update take a hold of your ps3.
If you ARE running a custom firmware (CFW) you are probably going to have
to go into recovery mode. After going into recovery mode, you follow the same folder scheme but you just boot the PS3 in a different way. The way to boot into recovery mode is as follows:
1. If your PS3 is currently turned on, simply turn it off by pressing the power button on the front once.
2. Turn your PS3 back on BUT hold the power button until it turns off automatically.
3. Now, boot your PS3 into recovery mode by holding the power button until you hear two beeps at a time.
4. Connect your controller as the screen should tell; you will now see the recovery menu. Select
5. Make sure your storage device containing the PS3UPDAT.PUP in PS3/UPDATE is connected and press
SELECT START on your controller. Follow the instructions on the screen.
You are now ready to start flashing CFW's and installing homebrew to make your PS3 hacked.
The files included in this release:
* Kmeaw CFW 3.55 Pre-Patched PUP file
* GAIA Manager
* fixPermission pkg
* Sony Official Firmware 3.55
* Misc. Homebrew such as Alternate Backup Managers, FTP Server, and Emulators
NOTE: If you decide to use any other Backup Manager other than GAIA Manager you will have to install,
then run lv2 patcher everytime before you use a backup manager
So after you are on OFW 3.55 we are now ready to begin.
1. Make sure you are on OFW 3.55.
2. With the same Folder stucture for the OFW install, add the Kmeaw CFW to your USB stick and
install it as an update. Refer to the recovery mode instructions if you run into an error.
3. Copy the fixPermissions pkg and GAIA Manager pkg files to the root of your USB device.
4. Install fixPermissions and GAIA Manager. After you've installed them, You can take them off
of the usb stick. You will need to run fixPermissions before anything, and then you wont need
5. Run GAIA Manager and there you go, you can now insert a game and backup and play, however
in order to play you will most likely need a disk in the unit for most games, but not all.
Congratulations, You know have a hacked PS3 with backups enabled and no bricks, ENJOY!
Now there is also the issue of having a larger portable hard drive, but the PS3 can't read it
unless its FAT32 and windows will only format drives =< 32GB. So to fix this, I've included
a simple cmd program that will format your external drive into FAT32. However keep in mind that
there are some limitations of FAT32. It will only support hard drives up to 2TB in space and
files that go on it can only support a single file size of 4GB. To help simplify things I have
included a batch file that all you have to do is enter your external hard drive letter and it
will automatically start the process for you, so no need to get your hands dirty. Just run
FAT32FORMAT_AUTO.BAT enter the drive letter of your external hard drive. Please also note that
this will delete all data on the disk. That's all there is to it
*DO NOT START THIS IF YOU ARE CONFUSED*